If you find that nasal allergies still bother you even after winter has already gone, you may have a mold allergy on your hands. Mold is unfortunately everywhere, indoor and outdoor. It can grow in the corners of damp basements, crawl spaces, closets, and bathrooms. The likelihood of mold allergies becoming a year-round occurrence is very much possible.
The mold consists of microorganisms that are usually found in dark, damp, and humid areas. Places such as your basement, attic, or crawl space are the perfect breeding grounds, especially if they have been ignored for a long period of time. A small patch of mold might not be so much of a threat, but if left untreated and given the opportunity to spread and grow, it can heavily affect one’s health – with sensitive individuals being the most vulnerable.
When molds “reproduce,” they diffuse their spores into the air. The spores attach themselves onto nearby surfaces to start the cycle once more, but those that are airborne can find themselves moving into the lungs of unsuspecting victims. If a person is exposed for too long they could experience the following symptoms, which can lead to allergies, respiratory problems, and in extreme cases, even lung cancer.
To control this kind of allergy, avoid mold completely whenever possible. Although it will be nearly impossible to avoid mold outdoors, indoor mold is something you can limit your exposure to by making sure your home is healthy and dry.
A lot of problems begin with mold, and the best solution to deal with the organisms is to remove the conditions that caused them to grow in the first place. Here are a few tips and tricks you can use, to keep mold from growing in your home.